“Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,”
King James Version (KJV)
“I, even I, am the LORD; and
beside me there is no saviour.”
“And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.”
CHRIST IS JEHOVAH GOD ALMIGHTY
“In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:”
“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:”
MATTHEW 26:26 - 30 CF. 25: 31-34
>THE THRONE>>THE KING>>>The precious blood of christ: Sovereign
Acts 20:28 “Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.”
1 Peter 1:19 “But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:”
CHRIST IS JEHOVAH GOD ALMIGHTY
26 “And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.” 27 “And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;” 28 “For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.” 29 “But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.” 30 “And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.”
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
A) Setting of this passage: Under the Law - Passover Celebration (v.19: Exodus 12)
- Unleavened (BLESSED) Bread and Unfermented (GAVE THANKS) Drink - "fruit of the vine" v.29, Isiah 65:8, Deut. 32:14 (Fermentation/leaven both represent a typology of sin and sinfulness) cf. Proverbs 23: 31
- "...this is my blood..." obviously figuratively, not literally (yet, v.28, 29 “For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.” "...henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in..." cf 1 Ptr. 1:19
- No need for TRANSUBSTANTIATION (REVELATION 2: 18-29 and 1 Kings 18:26 - 28 CF. JOHN 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”)
B) "...this is my blood..." - 1 Ptr. 1:19 The pure and sinless blood of the lord jesus christ
- John 6:47 - 51 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.” - Salvation cf. Mk. 16:16, Jn. 6:29, 6:64, 6:68-69
- 48 I am that bread of life. 49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
- John 6:61“When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?” cf. 64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. - Omniscience cf. John 21:17
- John 6:62 “What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?” Omnipresence cf. Jn 3:13
The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.
"Then the LORD said...Now shalt thou see what I will do..."
1 Then the LORD said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land. 2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD: 3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them. 4 And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers. 5 And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant. 6 Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments: 7 And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians. 8 And I will bring you in unto the land, concerning the which I did swear to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and I will give it you for an heritage: I am the LORD.